Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Milestone for the TransHagenart Movement

I've undertaken a new project in my ongoing (and selfishly motivated) quest to automate my personal creative output to the level of James Michener or HR Giger or Woody Allen or any professional photographer, hoping someday to be able to simply say a one-word theme into my phone to compose, with the aid of complex algorithms, a realistically awkward doodle with all the subtle signature quirks of my personal drawing style, along with text notes which would meander in an unmistakably personal way and completely fail to come to the point of whatever vague theme I'd  originally tried to generate a series of personalized reflections upon. At a certain point in the future I will set this blog to randomly generate such themes from the news of the day, ensuring that my unique voice and personality will be ignored in the midst of centuries of online chatter. Immortality will be mine!
In my ongoing efforts toward this admirable goal, I have been studying computer aided illustrative techniques to convert photos of myself and family into illustrated graphic novel type characters. Exhibit A, a photo of myself:

Using a vector based illustration app, I converted the photo into the following illustration by simply tracing over the photo, something a computer could do very easily:

Of course there are several apps out there which can turn a photo into a remarkably convincing replica of a painting or drawing, but a vector based illustration can be moved by simply changing the coordinates of the vectors. For instance, I change some coordinates to illustrate the complex emotion of dismay:

Or, more fittingly for this milestone, triumphant joy:

I like to to contemplate this picture of my immortal electronic self, contemplating the eternal cosmos. 

No comments: