Tuesday, January 5, 2016

New year, new resolution, new project, old story

I've begun a new project and completely scrapped any projects previously discussed on this blog. Good riddance!  They were all worthless ego trips. This new project is monumental in scope: To keep a weekly journal, for the whole year, detailing my daily successes and failures with my main New Years resolution; To spend at least 30 minutes each day reading about computer languages. I just altered the resolution as I wrote it, to make it easier and more realistic and to maintain positivity, but I'm not going to say how I altered it because it's in the past now and to be a billionaire you have to be positive and triumphant all the time and keep moving and keep your teeth razor sharp just in case. 
In addition to monitoring my ongoing success in achieving this daily goal I will illustrate that success with a picture, actually two pictures per week, as the sketchbook I purchased for sooooper cheap has fifty pages and I can do a picture on each side. So why am I reading about computer languages? Because I desperately need to rejuvenate the hagenart site and business with some pepped up action on the web page, something spicy and powerful, a computer game. To create intense computer games I will absolutely require total knowledge of all computer languages and specs, and to gain that knowledge I must study, and to study I must have motivation, and to have motivation I must doodle. 
Here's my first semi-weekly doodle, actually begun at the end of last year when I first got the idea:

It's a picture of me as a superhero. I'm a little embarrassed by it, it feels naked, even though the superior figure is fully clothed. It feels as if I've bared too much of my inner soul, mostly the part about a neighbor's dog (on the next street over), which is a repellent beast that barks all the time. I met it twice, both interactions were unpleasant; the first time it frightened my kid chasing a stick thrown by her by the idiot owner, second time it was actually running loose in the street, barking in a creepy senile way at every person outside.  Also the picture is not very good (except for the dog), and I didn't actually achieve the first week's goal. Huge disappointment.  As the horse in Animal Farm says; "I will work harder."  (Don't read that book, it's an incredible bummer). 

No comments: