Sunday, September 8, 2019

If you’re looking under the hood, you’re not driving the car


We’ve moved to a completely graphic format in the blog recently. I’d intermittently threatened to do this many times in the past, due to the incredibly tight time constraints on my writing time nowadays, but I don’t know if anyone took those threats seriously because I don’t know if anyone actually read them besides myself and I know I didn’t take them seriously until I actually began to do it. And I still don’t really take them seriously. 
So the move to a graphic comic book format seems to have cut the blog readership by about 50%; a metric which, if viewed from the standpoint of a businessman assessing the blog as a business venture would definitely indicate that the sole proprietor of the blog, myself, had made a serious mistake. On the upside, if we look at our cash conversion rate per customer, which is zero, and multiply by that by the lost readership, we find that we actually haven’t experienced any decline in blog income. Heartening news! 

But I’ve decided to compromise on the blog format somewhat, in order to lure my mother or other random family members back to the customer base. So from this post on we will be providing written content as a supplement to the comics. 

This week’s Comic:


Written supplement to this week’s comic:
Not my best comic, and I say that with deepest respect and appreciation for the artistic struggles that accompanied this comic from conception to its moment of publication on the World Wide Web. I actually produced three versions of this comic in an effort to find some kind of punchline, and if I haven’t deleted those versions I will insert them at some inappropriate or ill-timed juncture of this post, so the reader can view and appreciate the difficulty of joke making. Actually I think the previous sentence, that I just wrote down mere moments before, illustrates my difficulties better than the actual mis-fires could. No one with a running joke engine in their head could write “the difficulty of joke making”. If you’re looking under the hood, you’re not driving the car.   
I will use that sentence as the title of this post, and perhaps as the epitaph of this blog. We have reached the solipsistic wind down of the blog, after the failed surge to comic greatness has washed back into the dirty sea of the internet

No comments: