Wednesday, June 7, 2023

List of great blog posts that I haven’t finished

 I haven’t posted an actual written passage in a while because I’ve been working on a long historical post about Aethelred the Unready (or Redeless), and then I lost interest in that. The experience taught me that while I enjoy reading about history, I do not enjoy writing about history.  And I can apply this personal rule generally, with any serious subject. So I’ve decided to make a post, this post, about all the posts I began and then gave up on

  1. Aethelred the Unready. Saxon King of Wessex circa 978. Generally blamed for the collapse of the house of Wessex, founded by Alfred the Great. Winston Churchill despised him but I saw myself in a distant mirror.. That’s all, haven’t finished it. 
  2. The Pharmaceutical Industry, an insider’s perspective, based on my years of working in a pharmaceutical factory. Kind of an expose of waste and inefficiency based on fifteen plus years of irregular entries in my work journal that I sometimes kept up on and sometimes not. The regularity and level of detail in the journal entries usually depended on how frustrated or irritated I was on a particular day, usually with management, and over the years I’ve slowly lost my ability to respond emotionally to work. I call it lab rat in a cage syndrome. Recently I came up with a great idea for a horror movie script based on my work but I only think about it when I’m at work and don’t have much time to spare on the script. 
  3. Growing up Mormon. Based on my years of growing up Mormon. I’ve already posted an incredibly well thought out proposal for a restructuring of the Mormon church. Or was it a restructuring of the Mormon church service? I don’t mind doing another one. 
  4. An extensive re-write of the US constitution. Based on my disappointment with the US political system. Another topic that I’ve previously posted, where I discussed the serious problems with the presidential election, or as I call it, the single greatest threat to American democracy. 
  5. My theory of literature, based on years and years, fifty years to be specific, of reading books and comic books. I’ve had some great thoughts about this and I’m eager to share them in blog format where people can’t talk back except in comments that I don’t read unless I know the person. 
  6. My ideas for restructuring of corporations, based on years of working in a corporation. These ideas may sound a little communistic to people, hopefully. 
  7. My ideas about community radio stations and how completely the internet has eclipsed them except with old people. Based on five years working at a community radio station. 
  8. Now that I’ve listed these terrific blog ideas I’m feeling pretty motivated to finish one of them! Maybe

No comments: